• Welcome to unofficial 2box forum.

News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Broken DrumIt 5 Mk I

Started by JIT, May 12, 2024, 07:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIT

Greetings from NC, USA! First time here.  First time 2Box owner.  25+y ddrum user. Question... does anyone know where to find a parts list for the DI5 Mk I? I'm asking as I just purchased a used unit, and it was damaged in transit, due to improper packaging.  The KIT CHANGE knob (far left encoder in the section below the LCD) was broken off cleanly.  I have rebuilt my ddrum AT and my ddrum4 SE multiple times over the years (replacing pots, encoders, jacks, etc.), and was able to find part numbers online, sometimes having to substitute. I haven't torn the unit down yet, but was going to try and find parts before I do that.  Anyone have any clue as to where to find the info? I would post a pic, but i can't see how to do that either. Thanks in advance!

Deve Loper

Hi.
Its these
Pec12r-4120-s0012
Pec12r-4220-s0024

The last one as original, 24 steps.
If you like "slower" kit / sound select, use the first, 12 steps.

Best,
Deve.

Ps. I checked on the pec12 pdf, I dont have the original bom at hand, but im pretty sure.

welshsteve

I have some of these Push/Pots spare. These are for the drumit5 mk 1. And I mean the control knobs which are rotary and push to select types? You're welcome to them, just cover the shipping. I am based in UK.

Send me a PM if you want them.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

JIT

WOW!  Wasn't sure if the forum was still monitored or not.  Thanks for the prompt responses.  FYI...I couldn't wait to get this thing checked out, so, the evening I made my post, I decided to dig into the unit.  I pulled it apart, desoldered the broken part, and inspected.  NO PART NUMBER embossed, stamped, or etched.  With my trusty meter, an o-scope, and some time, I tested the broken part in situ. I made the decision to try a part number EC12E2424407 from Alps Alpine, as I needed to place an order with Newark for other needed parts for a VFD I'm currently working on anyway.  The parts arrived a couple days later.  I finally had the time to install and test the new part today.  It works perfectly!  It is definitely not the OEM part, but it works. The "pushbutton" is less stiff than the original, but not a big deal. The detents appear to be ever so slightly more stiff, but again, not an issue. I so appreciate the response, info and offers.  I'll leave this posted here, just in case someone else needs the part, or a suitable sub.  Maybe we can use our collective knowledge of needed repair parts, and the mods can make a sticky...or something.

Again, thanks a million.  Glad to know the forum is still going!

Deve Loper

Hi. Glad you solved it.
A 1 day response wasnt quick enough :-) You sure were eager to fix it.

Best,
Deve.

JIT

Quote from: Deve Loper on May 19, 2024, 07:58:48 AMHi. Glad you solved it.
A 1 day response wasnt quick enough :-) You sure were eager to fix it.

Best,
Deve.

Hahaha... it had nothing to do with the response time.  I am an Industrial Controls Engineer, had worked on my ddrum untie before, and I had no doubt I could fix it.  I guess I was just hesitant. Frustration with myself got the best of me. I also wasn't sure the forum was still active, as I've stated before.  Glad to see I was wrong!