News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Broken rim

Started by KlaS, February 11, 2010, 02:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlaS

I own a preproduction set with alu-rims.  Because I had no sound from snarepad-rim, I opened the pad to see what`s the reason. Worstcase! The alu rim is broken just before the rimtrigger and damaged it`s  cables. Also one of the four ruberrings that fixed the rim is broken. Now I have the problem how long it takes to substitute the pad. May be this is one reason that 2box modified the rim - material. Perhaps alu is to brittle for that use. Preproduction owners - be careful with the rims. With it a few fotos from the damage. :'(

UC

Hi KlaS - sorry to hear about your rim trouble. Did you contact the shop you got it from?
I'll bung Scott a PM about it...

KlaS

Hi Scott,
thank you for mail. Yes I mailed the shop, but I I got no answer yet. I'm going to contact the German distributor.
For the moment thanks for your help.
KlaS

KlaS

My set is complete again. I send the damaged Pad to hyperactive 4 weeks ago. Today a new pad from the production serie (with carbon rim) arrived. Thanks Scott for mail contact and Hyperactive for replacement whithout problems.  :rock:

mandubien

Hi all,

I realized yesterday when I installed my 2box that I also have a broken rim. The plastic part to be exact. I contacted my french distributor, and I hope it won't take too long to get a new pad.

macleod

Well, I thought my kit is trouble free but today I found alu rim on snare pad broken too... Exactly the same place as KlaS'. I just hope it will be quick and easy ...

drummer81

I've been through this too. My rim broke on exactly the same way. What material is the rim made of? ???

puttenvr

Now polycarbonate, before aluminium

Insider

Just a word to all of you that have some problems. Do not panic! We will sort them out for you. Replacing the rings is a piece of cake. Just contact the store you bought it from, and tell them to contact the distributor to get you the spare part that you need

drummer81

Quote from: Insider on July 19, 2010, 06:02:38 PM
Just a word to all of you that have some problems. Do not panic! We will sort them out for you. Replacing the rings is a piece of cake. Just contact the store you bought it from, and tell them to contact the distributor to get you the spare part that you need

thanx Insider