News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Add personal preset

Started by Manuel, January 26, 2010, 11:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manuel

Hi all, a question:  i don't know how to store my personal preset, i don't want modify the original 100 presets.
It is possible ?
...Sorry for my English...
Manuel

puttenvr

You always overwrite 1 of the 100 presets when you edit something

alainV

That's why we need to have the list of the original sounds for each kit!!!

as I asked in the topic "List of sounds in module"

nonoduweb

Hi

you can save the drumit file "drumkit.dkit" in your computer or rename it "drumkit.old" before making a new preset.
So you will be able to find again the old presets.

puttenvr

I wonder if this works. How would you copy a single preset back to the current set of presets without overwriting them all?

NeilC

I have made changes to a lot of the .dkit file and then successfully renamed .dkitold and re loaded the original and this 'restores' to factory settings.

However, try this at your own risk, I am not responsible if it fails. :)
:rock:

UC

I just opened up the .dkit file in notepad, and it's not particularly user-friendly (I wouldn't bet on notepad not losing some important formatting of the file either)

I guess this is something for the wishlist eh - presumably for the Editor...

Manuel

ok, thanks for reply, tonight I try !
Manuel

Scottie

Hi Everyone

Just incase anyone missed it the .dkit file has been posted on the 2box website, under the heading "Factory default settings" on this page: http://www.2box.se/Pages/dloads.html

This file is only to be used with Units that have updated to Bootcode 1.30 and OS 1.0 onwards! The file is not compatible with Units that have OS 0.36 installed.

Hope this helps,

Regards
Scott

Manuel

Thanks for the file.
I think that to have a separate preset (factory and personal, for example 1/50 factory  - not modifiable -  and 51/100- personal- modifiable) it would be better...
Manuel