News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

NAMM 2010 - Anaheim California

Started by Scottie, January 15, 2010, 10:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on January 24, 2010, 08:38:46 AM
Some people did

but no info about new firmware update, new video's ect?

puttenvr

Deve loper already told us about a new OS to be released in March

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on January 27, 2010, 06:18:01 PM

I see no moving racks great! LOVE THE ORANGE BAR! can't wait to get my 2box!

Remi

The rack without orange bar is also not moving ;)

p929

Hi everybody,

First of all, and taking advantage of my first post, I'd like to comment sth:

I moved 1.5 year ago to Zurich. Back home I used to have a nice Mapex Orion but now I live in Switzerland and those things regarding noise and neighbours are really picky. So, after one year thinking about to buy or not an e-drum I've decided myself for a 2box  8) [also I was considering TD-20 and Yamaha's sets], but everything I've read (and heard) in reviews, videos and forums (including this one obvously) indicates me that this is the future for e-drums, and I wanna be part of it.

NOW my question: today I called the swiss distributor but he told me that in my best case, I'll get it by end Feb. [what a pitty...i want it now  :'(] but I don't know if those sets coming in that shipment will include these new features i.e. new strut bar, new HH stand and OS update... Does anybody know it?

I'm afraid that if I order it now I could get an "old" version, I mean, if i'm gonna buy a new set, I want it to be the frontline...so, if sb can give me a hint I'll do appreciate it.

P.S. I'm sorry if the introduction was toooo long 'es tut mir leid'

UC

Ok, so how the fudgemonkey did this happen?

http://www.pearldrum.com/News/News-Item.aspx?id=584

I cry bullshit shenanigans.

(oh and those drum duets kind of sound like Marco Minneman :D)

UC

Quote from: p929 on January 27, 2010, 10:27:04 PM
P.S. I'm sorry if the introduction was toooo long 'es tut mir leid'

Kein Problem p929, wilkommen :)
I think that by now, most kits on sale will be 2nd generation... as it is I made my decision to buy my kit mostly based on spending a few hours with the 1st generation kit ...(I literally misssed the boat on the first wave of kits anyway!). Also, because you can upgrade the brain firmware, the differences are minimal.

Please note this post is not sponsored by 2box in any way ;D

TrommelTheo

*lol* how many $$$$$$$$$$$$$ did Pearl paied for this "free" Opinion??? :animal:
this bullshit nonsense is worthless!
Theo

puttenvr

Exactly, in the early days a European car always was voted as car of the year, while Japanese cars already were much better (and cheaper).

p929, I don't think the strutt bar is standard, but the hihat and OS will.
Herzlich willkommen und viel spass

Steve

Maybe if they said pad set I would not have a real issue for best in show. If you read the text it is more about the "look" asthetics over real playability as everyone knows it is the Alesis brain.

They are kind of a beefed up space muffins not super groundbreaking but the electronic drum market has been going slightly backwards since the end of the ddrum3 so I suppose this is a "new" thing and it all about new. Word will get out people will demand the 2 box brains in a big way.

macleod

I like that orange bar but, yes, it should hold the kick pad(s). It does add spice to otherwise quite boring look of the silver rack  ;). So, if it holds the kick I would buy it. Actually, I'm about to buy second kick pad, now I have to figure out how to set it all up with two bass drums...

UC

2 kick drums will rock  :rock:

You need one of these

or one of these (can't remember if you need mono or stereo but I'm sure there's a setting in the brain to tell it what type of input you're using)

oh and you'll need another jack-to-jack lead (mono/stereo?)

I've tested this out with a DDrum + 2box kick going into the 2box brain and it worked no problem, although the levels were slightly different - but 2 x 2box kicks should work fine I guess :)

Calimero

Quote from: Remi on January 27, 2010, 09:30:33 PM
The rack without orange bar is also not moving ;)
Yes,it takes the concern away a little,so that s a good thing.
It shows that drummers play like on a normal drumset without having to compromise for small pads,also a good thing.However,these are good drummers and to me the sound I hear from the hihat does not represent the things these are playing at all.Dynamics are all over the place.Still room for improvement there.

Steve

I think I would change the rack design, the orange bar is not attractive and the thin posts that hold the curved bars are thin and hurt the asthetics of the kit when viewed from a distance or on stage. Granted it is fine for home play with exception of the snare basket, never saw a problem with the stability on the toms. I set up my gibraltar rack from my ddrum 3 and put the 2box on that and wow what a differnence looks wise. I will post pics soon.

I am sure there are molds etc and a radical design is unlikely but selling the pads and brain and rack separate would be a smart move. Production on the rack will drop I suspect while the module sales ramp up.