News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Pearl Epro live

Started by GravityRobert, January 12, 2010, 10:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alainV

And speaking about real acoustic drums,
I LOVE my Sonor Hilite...the sound is just fantastic.... I will never sell it....

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Calimero

oh yes those are sexy as hell..
I do undertstand what you are saying,with the looks,but I feel that if your goal is to make an edrum that sounds and feels/play like an acoustic drum,why not make it look like one?

alainV

Quote from: Calimero on February 05, 2010, 10:51:02 AM
oh yes those are sexy as hell..
I do undertstand what you are saying,with the looks,but I feel that if your goal is to make an edrum that sounds and feels/play like an acoustic drum,why not make it look like one?

That's not my goal (the feel and play, yes, because that's the instrument I know, but not the sound)...

With an edrum I want to try new sounds, strange sounds that are impossible to do with an acoustic drum
(I'm trying now to do a kit with buildind site sounds...).

its like the "old phone" ring on a 2010's cellphone... it's funny but it's just a joke...
or like false candle on an electric lamp
or an old style house (victorian, classical) built in fact with concrete, metal and new technology...

But it's true that the original samples that are include on the 2box are really good and I love to play them...!

Calimero

I understand,but in general I think that most edrummers get an ekit to substitute the acoustic set for several reasons.
Most complains about the rolands are on the bad acoustic  sounds and play (machinegunning and all),most compliments on the 2box are on the sounds and how realistic the feel (sounds and sizes).
Remains the look and knowing that most of the money is spent on finishes when it comes to an acoustic set I feel that that thats not unimportant at all if you want to sell drums.

TrommelTheo

do you still klnow the Hilite exclusive with Sparkle laquer and Copper Hardware??? I loved this Set but never have had the money to buy it...  :'(

Theo

roel

Quote from: alainV on February 05, 2010, 10:15:23 AM
And speaking about real acoustic drums,
I LOVE my Sonor Hilite...the sound is just fantastic.... I will never sell it....

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

iam sorry but some of the diamond electronic drums look better than your set.
sure your acoustic set is fine.

alainV

Quote from: TrommelTheo on February 05, 2010, 05:10:13 PM
do you still klnow the Hilite exclusive with Sparkle laquer and Copper Hardware??? I loved this Set but never have had the money to buy it...  :'(
Theo
Yes, it was really beautiful!

Quote from: roel on February 05, 2010, 08:43:13 PM
iam sorry but some of the diamond electronic drums look better than your set.
sure your acoustic set is fine.
Maybe, but that's not the point, for me...
My acoustic set IS an acoustic set.
The cylindres are like they are because there is a searching for a sound and the ideal shape to reach it, not because they look good (ok, there is also a research for a good looking finition).

Quote from: Calimero on February 05, 2010, 04:35:26 PM
I understand,but in general I think that most edrummers get an ekit to substitute the acoustic set for several reasons.
For this I agree with you, speaking about the different reasons to have an edrum, I can understand that.

And I also understand why (for commercial purposes) drum makers sell edrums that look like an acoustic drum...
But I think it is not a good justification. I love what we can do with an edrum. I dont think its a shame to have an edrum, so I want the edrums to have their specific look, with proud!

Remi

Quote from: alainV on February 06, 2010, 02:14:24 PM

But I think it is not a good justification. I love what we can do with an edrum. I dont think its a shame to have an edrum, so I want the edrums to have their specific look, with proud!

I agree. ;)

Baby Samus

Weight is also an important difference between accoustic and e-drums.  Its so good to be able to carry your whole kit in one bag, rather than making numerous trips to a van to lug out a 6 piece accoustic.

I've seen tons of drummers with beautiful kits, for instance Drum Workshop stuff, but they haven't been very good drummers.  People stop talking about the kit and start mentioning how bad this guy is.

No matter how nice your kit looks, I'd rather people were talking about my drumming and not what I'm drumming on.  BUT, seing as we're talking beauty, years ago I really wanted this:

http://usa.mapexdrums.com/images/news/SW6225YS_300.jpg

Its a big picture so I won't paste it in, but man I so wanted that kit.  Mapex do scrumptious finishes for a reasonable price.  We're all drum whores really aren't we? :animal:

roel

Quote from: Baby Samus on February 06, 2010, 05:05:58 PM
Weight is also an important difference between accoustic and e-drums.  Its so good to be able to carry your whole kit in one bag, rather than making numerous trips to a van to lug out a 6 piece accoustic.

I've seen tons of drummers with beautiful kits, for instance Drum Workshop stuff, but they haven't been very good drummers.  People stop talking about the kit and start mentioning how bad this guy is.

No matter how nice your kit looks, I'd rather people were talking about my drumming and not what I'm drumming on.  BUT, seing as we're talking beauty, years ago I really wanted this:

http://usa.mapexdrums.com/images/news/SW6225YS_300.jpg

Its a big picture so I won't paste it in, but man I so wanted that kit.  Mapex do scrumptious finishes for a reasonable price.  We're all drum whores really aren't we? :animal:

nice kit man

TrommelTheo

The best Acoustik-Drums are those who have been produced for only one time, like custom drums with keller-Shells in your own sizes and colours  ;D

Theo

but i wanna have this dame orange thing  :patbat2box:

puttenvr

Keller shells are so mass produced ....

Steve

Watching the superbowl, holy crap the dw clear shells are insane, nicest kit I have seen. I know Ludwig has had vistalites but Zak's kit is unreal. The cymbals are colored too  ?

Baby Samus

Quote from: TrommelTheo on February 07, 2010, 10:49:49 AM
The best Acoustik-Drums are those who have been produced for only one time, like custom drums with keller-Shells in your own sizes and colours  ;D

Theo

but i wanna have this dame orange thing  :patbat2box:

Maybe, but not everyone can afford custom drums.  The Mapex Saturn in that picture was the nicest kit my budget would stretch to - still think its beautiful and the saturn is a good sounding kit for its price.

Still glad I waited for the 2Box instead  ;D

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on January 13, 2010, 04:34:27 PM
I don't like the just 2 colors to choose from option either
I want red sparkle

You want red sparkle why don't you contact dave from diamond drums... :rock: