News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Anybody heard any news or rumors about 2box?

Started by mcrackins, September 21, 2014, 06:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcrackins

Has been awfully quiet on the 2box front. Anybody heard about anything being worked on software/hardware wise? I remember Scott from Cymbalism was on here early in the year and it seemed like Hoshino was going to be doing some things..but it's been pretty uneventful...and that is a big understatement.

dtothaizzlej

I'm with you on this. It really seems like the ball has been dropped. I'm thrilled that I was able to finally get one but it's weird not seeing them take off in a bigger way. Roland just put out the TM-2 module that can play wav files so that has to have 2Box sweating a little bit.

Murgen

We had this discussion before. Product is fine, OS is fine, what more do we need? 😁
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

fulrmr

Why would 2Box be sweating  any entry level offering by any company when it still smokes the present flagships in audio quality and pricepoint? ::)

dtothaizzlej

This product isn't by any means a direct competitor to the 2Box. That wasn't my point. Just the fact that Roland is finally allowing the user to use their own sounds leads me to believe that the modules will soon follow suite.  That was a huge selling point for my when I was deciding which kit to buy. Had this came out sooner I may have went this route. I played acoustic drums for 20+ years now and I'm not crazy about the electric drum sounds so I think that I could have been happy with this. Right now I'm playing my kit with some DIY cymbals and a DIY kick trigger on my old bass drum. I do this because I haven't bought a big enough amp setup yet and this way the rest of the band can feel the kick. I'm off the subject a little but it just feels like there should be more of a 2Box presence in the catalogs of the distributors that carry them. Scott from Cymbalism has it posted all over his site but in the Musicians Friend or Guitar Center books it's not even represented. It's just annoying.

Murgen

Quote from: dtothaizzlej on September 22, 2014, 07:07:36 PM
This product isn't by any means a direct competitor to the 2Box. That wasn't my point. Just the fact that Roland is finally allowing the user to use their own sounds leads me to believe that the modules will soon follow suite.  That was a huge selling point for my when I was deciding which kit to buy. Had this came out sooner I may have went this route. I played acoustic drums for 20+ years now and I'm not crazy about the electric drum sounds so I think that I could have been happy with this. Right now I'm playing my kit with some DIY cymbals and a DIY kick trigger on my old bass drum. I do this because I haven't bought a big enough amp setup yet and this way the rest of the band can feel the kick. I'm off the subject a little but it just feels like there should be more of a 2Box presence in the catalogs of the distributors that carry them. Scott from Cymbalism has it posted all over his site but in the Musicians Friend or Guitar Center books it's not even represented. It's just annoying.

I agree with your last remark, in Europe availability is no issue. For the record: on Facebook, TD30 owners complain on e-drums groups (international) about the steady pace of Roland releasing low-band kits for starters and show no developments for TD15 and TD30 what so ever.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

hemiboy

Looking forward to whatever new products that 2 box comes out with but still agree with other previous Roland  heads that 2 box currently , blows away the rest. I am sure Roland is working  on an answer to 2 box and it will be  sweet but as usual stupid money. For my current purposes this 2box module is perfect

fulrmr

Roland is giant cash cow. Funding for promotional saturation is seemingly unlimited. 2Box is small and IMHO is doing very well in the world wide exposure realm given their small stature and youth. Retailers tend to promote those products that have a history more than the newer offerings. Especially if their are incentives involved.

hemiboy

Apparently 2box is doing fine as Dan had stated.Glad that is the case. Are the dealers in the US able to stock and deliver kits and modules?

fulrmr

Seems so. Although I haven't ordered a a whole kit or a module lately...they all seem to have them in stock. :)

hemiboy

Big difference from a year or so ago when everbody, including me, was knocking them for not having kits or modules anywhere. The only one who was still supporting 2 box was you, Dan! I was too busy whining

fulrmr

Quote from: hemiboy on September 26, 2014, 04:20:35 AM
Big difference from a year or so ago when everbody, including me, was knocking them for not having kits or modules anywhere. The only one who was still supporting 2 box was you, Dan! I was too busy whining

hehehe...there where a few other diehards out there before me and besides me, but once I found this platform and experienced what its potential was.....I had full confidence that they would make things happen given the time. ;)

hwasser

Quote from: Murgen on September 22, 2014, 03:31:58 PM
We had this discussion before. Product is fine, OS is fine, what more do we need? 😁

We still need a fix to the ride. It's pretty terrible and goes from super quiet cup to superloud bow.

nocturnodrummer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mkz2bZ_dZs

Alex Rudinger did a review of a 2box module and mentioned in the end of the video that 2box is currently working on a new product which will be released in a few months.