News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

External power supply

Started by damned, November 19, 2009, 08:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

damned

Hello, I'm looking for a other power supply for the 2box, but I didn't find something equivalent (17v ac 8va).  Is there somebody who know where I can get one, thanks

Scottie

Hi damned

Have you asked your local distributor about another power supply?

Thanks
Scott

damned

I don't have a lokal dealer( I buy my 2Box on internet) and whit the delivery of the new version I think it's going to take time to have a orignal 2box power supply, so i was thinking to buy a power supply on internet, I find some, but it's always 18 vac (that's ok I think) but non regulated (??).  If you know a internet store where you can get quikly a original 2box power supply I'm interested, if not is there a problem you think whit te fact that the power supply is not regulated.  Thank you

cpeterc3

Bt the way check this site out........not sure if it will suit your country wall socket etc, but take a look anyway

Colin
http://www.powerstream.com/17volt-index.htm

UC

Quote from: cpeterc3 on November 24, 2009, 11:00:06 AM
Here is a very helpful link

http://www.apogeekits.com/power_adapter_selection.htm

Colin

Nice one Colin :)

In this day and age of litigation, could I just point out that if any of you follow any advice on this forum, (especially involving electricity!) you accept full responsibility for your own actions! The Unofficial 2box Forum cannot be held responsible for any advice or opinions offered by its users, so please use your common sense and don't hurt yourself, your edrums, or any innocent bystanders.

At least, don't blame us if you do :D

I think I might have to sticky this post just in case :)

cpeterc3

Yes UC You are absolutely correct!

And a case in point is actually my last post...I've just managed to get a hold of the 2box manual and the advice I gave is for DC Power supplies only!!

By the looks of things, The 2box 18VAC is a primary/secondary AC/AC Voltage transformer. There are 120V transformers out there but haven't seen a 220V

So I guess stick with the manufacturer/Original Supplier

So........Thanks UC for flagging this up and my apologies for the confusion (on my part) about the nature of the item.

I think I'll take UC's advice and steer clear of giving any personal experience/adice etc regarding electrical gear

Thanks again UC
Colin

UC

Heh, no worries. To be honest it's getting on for 20 years since I studied any of that electromology nonsense so it's all a bunch of white noise to my ears. All I know is, if it's got a plug, I can probably blow it up :D

By the way, it might be worth editing your original post just in case someone stops reading half way through the thread, thinking they've found the answer to their troubles :)

cpeterc3

Yes good idea, I've just removed..........probably best

Thanks!

cpeterc3